Contents of the Post
We love this berry smoothie recipe…
Unfortunately the kids are not into smoothies. But it’s one of our missions this year to get them to try new foods. Who doesn’t love a smoothie?! And it’s a fantastic way to sneak in goodness. We will prevail! So this is an easy and yummy (and vegan) berry smoothie recipe that I use to kick start the day. It’s really filling and has a great nutty, fruity flavour. (Thank you to Aaron the Vegan Coach for the inspiration.)
- 1/4 Cup of frozen blueberries (20 calories)
- 1/4 Cup of frozen raspberries (32 calories)
- 1/4 Cup of frozen strawberries (13 calories)
- 1/4 Cup of frozen pineapple (19 calories)
- 1 Small frozen banana (90 calories)
- 2 Tablespoons of gluten free rolled oats (60 calories)
- 1 Tablespoon of ground flaxseed (37 calories)
- 1 Tablespoon of natural peanut butter (100 calories)
- 1 Cup of unsweetened almond milk (30 calories)
Method and Serving
Blend everything together until it has a sorbet-like consistency. And enjoy!
Variations and Recommendations
- As you can see, this smoothie comes in at about 400 calories. You could bring the calorie count down by cutting out the peanut butter and oats.
- Try keeping in the banana because this is what gives the smoothie its lovely texture.
- I would only use frozen fruit. I find that when you use fresh fruit, it’s not at good.
- You could also add in or substitute one of the berries for mulberries.
- Throw in a handful of frozen baby spinach.
Do you have any good smoothie recipes?