We love this berry smoothie recipe…
Unfortunately the kids are not into smoothies. But it’s one of our missions this year to get them to try new foods. Who doesn’t love a smoothie?! And it’s a fantastic way to sneak in goodness. We will prevail! So this is an easy and yummy (and vegan) berry smoothie recipe that I use to kick start the day. It’s really filling and has a great nutty, fruity flavour. (Thank you to Aaron the Vegan Coach for the inspiration.)
- 1/4 Cup of frozen blueberries (20 calories)
- 1/4 Cup of frozen raspberries (32 calories)
- 1/4 Cup of frozen strawberries (13 calories)
- 1/4 Cup of frozen pineapple (19 calories)
- 1 Small frozen banana (90 calories)
- 2 Tablespoons of gluten free rolled oats (60 calories)
- 1 Tablespoon of ground flaxseed (37 calories)
- 1 Tablespoon of natural peanut butter (100 calories)
- 1 Cup of unsweetened almond milk (30 calories)
Method and Serving
Blend everything together until it has a sorbet-like consistency. And enjoy!
Variations and Recommendations
- As you can see, this smoothie comes in at about 400 calories. You could bring the calorie count down by cutting out the peanut butter and oats.
- Try keeping in the banana because this is what gives the smoothie its lovely texture.
- I would only use frozen fruit. I find that when you use fresh fruit, it’s not at good.
- You could also add in or substitute one of the berries for mulberries.
- Throw in a handful of frozen baby spinach.
Do you have any good smoothie recipes?