Are your kids struggling to learn times tables? Well, they’re not alone. We all know how important it is to know the times tables. But it can be so tedious and boring. Enter Table Fables!
I made an attempt to try and engage the kids to learn times tables. I designed and printed out sheets for them to use. It was my hope that they would remember the times tables by repeating them lots of times and learning them by heart…much like I did at school.
It did not go well! The boys were totally resistant to it. And I don’t really blame them because it was super boring and difficult. And I was also bored to tears trying to get them to learn.
Learn Times Tables and Have Fun
I had almost given up on the whole affair, when Becky from Table Fables, contacted me on Instagram. She asked me to have a look at her site and immediately I could see that it was on another level. I showed the boys and they were super interested and keen to give it a go.
We had an introductory session with Becky and the boys, who are ADHD, were engaged for more that 30 minutes. And they were so excited to watch the videos and then get all the answers right. My husband and I were delighted and amazed!
How Does Table Fables Work?
Table Fables teaches kids their times tables through short little videos that are funny and therefore memorable. Firstly, kids get to know each character that is used throughout the site. They have unique accents, characteristics and habits, which makes them easy to remember.
After that, kids work through three levels per day, which takes about 5 to 8 minutes in total. The first level has a video with an entertaining little story. The number characters interact with each other, resulting in the answer to the equation. Then levels two and three reinforce and practise what they’ve learnt. Easy as that!
But Wait, There’s More!
Table Fables does not just end with helping your kids to learn times tables. There are loads of extras that make this programme so special:
- Everyone gets an introductory session to see how the platform works.
- There’s a free trial to see if you and your kids like Table Fables.
- If your kids do 17 days of Table Fables, they get hard cash as a reward!
- There are competitions running where kids can win prizes such as an iPad or magazine subscription.
- Kids can also learn and practise division and addition, using the same fun number characters.
- There are TF$ to be earned, which kids can use to buy costumes and props for the characters.
- Parents can join in the fun and play a match two card game.
- When your kids get stuck, they can use the search function to find the story they are looking for.
- For kids that thrive on competition, there’s a VIP club. In the club they compete against other children and can also win at the end of the month.
- You can read the blog and find ideas for learning and games.
- And finally, you also get access to Clever Clocks. Kids learn to tell the time with hilarious toilet humour.