Thank you so much to Laura from Chaos & Quiet for nominating me for a Liebster Award! Her blog is amazing and gets real about having kids while juggling marriage, work and self care. I especially love her post about mom life and how hard it can be.
The Liebster Award is a blogger to blogger award. And it is really an honour to be nominated. It puts me together with some other amazing bloggers who give blogging a good name. In this post you will find out a little bit more about me. And also about the bloggers that I adore for inspiration, encouragement and advice.
- Acknowledge the blog that gave you the award – send them love!
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them that you dig them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
My 11 Answers
1. What made you decide to start a blog?
My children and our homeschooling journey inspired me to start blogging. I wanted to share our ups and downs and also get inspiration and advice from others.
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I enjoy the catharsis and how writing allows me to work through the tough times. It’s also a great way to document our lives and to hopefully give inspiration to others.
3. What is the most difficult part of blogging?
It is sometimes difficult to find the time to write, especially when juggling work, homeschool and the millions of others things I pile onto my plate.
4. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give to your younger self?
Believe in yourself!
5. What is your favourite thing to do on the weekend?
I’m a real homebody. Even though I work from home, I still love weekends. It’s time to decorate the house, to do some graphic design, to watch a movie and to spend time with my family. Oh yes, and to eat lots of yummy food. I also love going to the beach or going for a hike.
6. What advice would you give to somebody who wants to start a blog?
Make sure you find your niche and voice before you begin writing. Then let it flow through everything you do. It will make it much easier to direct your aesthetic and also give you an idea as to what to write about.
7. If you could re-live one week of your life, what would it be?
It would have to be the week I met my husband in London. We were so young and free and it was glorious! And summer in London is one of the best places to be in the world!
8. What is something that you’re afraid of?
I have a huge phobia of flying. It’s a shame because I love to travel. My wish is to one day take an epic road trip around the world!
9. What is your favourite blog post you’ve written so far?
My favourite blog post is about the stages of grief that special needs parents have to go through. It was such an ‘aha’ moment for me when I realised that it’s OK to grieve. And that it’s necessary to do this in order to be able to move on.
10. What is your top travel destination?
It’s a tie between Barcelona and Istanbul. I love a city with a good vibe, awesome architecture, cool people, interesting culture and of course delicious food. Both cities have this in abundance.
11. Are you a night owl or early bird?
I’m a night owl that has to be an early bird. #momlife
11 Random Facts about Me
- I dreamt of being an archaeologist when I was a kid.
- I am quite tall (5 ft 11) but am very intimidated by short people.
- I have a succulent obsession and just keep on propagating more and more of the little dudes.
- I am addicted to watching horror movies.
- My Chinese zodiac sign is a fire dragon.
- I met my husband on the 7th of July 2007 so we both have triple 7 tattooed on our wrists.
- I’ve run two half marathons.
- I’m really good at eating with chopstick because I worked in a Chinese restaurant when I was at university.
- I’m a qualified English foreign language teacher.
- I was vegetarian for 12 years and am seriously thinking about becoming one again soon.
- I don’t wear makeup unless I go out at night.
My Liebster Award Nominations
- Arrows & Applesauce
- Absolute Freedom UK
- The Momma Blogga
- Nature Study Australia
- Humanist Home
- Minding My Peas
- Guided Learning
- Paperbark Kid
- Shout for Joy
- Chasing Jupiter
- Heart & Homeschool
Questions for my Nominated Bloggers
- What is your absolute favourite meal?
- Who is your celebrity crush and why?
- Who is your favourite Spice Girl?
- If you were a cocktail, what cocktail would you be and why?
- Beach or mountain?
- What’s your favourite social media platform and why?
- What is something funny your kid says?
- What is something weird your kid does?
- Why do you blog?
- How do you find inspiration?
- Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
Thanks so much for reading! And please show these other amazing bloggers some love by popping by their blogs, having a read and signing up to their newsletters.