Finding beauty in the everyday…
I definitely thought I would have a more glamorous life than I do now. I had dreams of far-flung countries and unrealistic jobs. But life conspired to bring me to this point. And to be honest, it’s tough but also beautiful. I think finding beauty in the everyday is part of enjoying where I am now. Below are a few tips that have worked for me:
- Get outside! Nothing can beat the big wide world. Nature is effortlessly glorious but urban spaces also offer so much to appreciate. Just look at this awesome place!
- Stop scrolling. I have found that staying away from social media has helped me so much to appreciate what is real.
- Learn from your children! Kids are the best at finding small things marvelous. And their constant enthusiasm and optimism are the best!
- Find natural highs. Nothing gives me a bigger appreciation for creation that a run. A runner’s high beats a wine high, hands down!
- Sleep enough and eat well. I know this is easier said than done. But I know that life feels much more beautiful when I’m eating well and not having to have caffeine transfusions just to function.
- Simplify your life. Stuff can be so suffocating. Get rid of what you don’t need and only get things that you really love or need.
How do you find beauty in the everyday?
Leave a Reply