What it means to be a homeschool family…
Until you actually start homeschooling, it’s hard to imagine what being a homeschool family is all about. You will find some aspects amazing, some exhausting, some frustrating and some surprising. This is what it means to me to be part of a homeschool family:
- You really get to know your kids. And in this way, you are better able to guide them and to help them grow and develop.
- There is very little time off. My kids want to learn ALL the time. It’s great but it can also be very tiring.
- You are able to spend time on the important stuff, rather than rushing around to drop kids off and pick them up again.
- It can really bring your family together. Spending a lot of time together really helps with bonding.
- You can go on holiday, when you like. We don’t take advantage of this much, but have taken a small break during the off-season.
- You have to answer A LOT OF QUESTIONS about why you’re homeschooling and if you’re succeeding.
- You realize that spending time with your family is such a gift.
What do you think it’s like to be a homeschool family?