Homeschool unit studies FTW
I’m a great lover of homeschool unit studies. When you’re planning a homeschool week of work, it helps so much to have a theme running through it. You can cover all the subjects and also have loads of fun with baking and arts and crafts. Below is an example on a volcano unit study for 7 to 8 year olds:
- Pique the interest of your kids by watching a short, informative video. My kids enjoyed this one.
- Use facts from Pompeii to practise maths. Here are some awesome ideas.
- Print out some worksheets to test literacy. This page has a crossword, a word search, colouring pages and even a printable for writing.
- Read Julia Cook’s My Mouth is a Volcano.
- Draw a volcano. You can use this video for a ‘how to’.
- Bake some of these delicious volcano cookies.
- Finish off with the best volcano activity ever! Make an erupting volcano like this. As you can see, it went down very well in the Jones house!
I have some resources in my resources library that can help you with unit studies. I have a unit study planner as well as a year of unit study ideas. You can sign up here to get access to all my resources.