The Strike a Balance Podcast for Working Homeschool Moms – Episode 28
On today’s episode of the Strike a Balance Podcast for Working Homeschool Moms, I chat to Amy Sloan. Amy and her husband John are 2nd-generation homeschoolers to 5 children from 7 to 17 years old.
The Sloan family adventures together in NC where they pursue a restfully-classical education. If you hang out with Amy for any length of time you’ll quickly learn that she loves overflowing book stacks, giant mugs of coffee, beautiful memory work, and silly memes.
At any moment she could break into song and dance from Hamilton, 90s country music, or Shakespeare. Amy writes at HumilityandDoxology.com and hosts the “Homeschool Conversations with Humility and Doxology” podcast.
This is a fantastic episode and Amy shares so much valuable advice as a second generation homeschooler and working homeschool mom. As she also homeschools multiple ages, there’s great advice if you’re in this season!
You can find Amy on…
Her website at Humility & Doxology
Facebook at facebook.com/HumilityAndDoxology
Instagram at instagram.com/HumilityAndDoxology
YouTube at youtube.com/HumilityAndDoxology
And her podcast at Homeschool Conversations
Support for Working Homeschool Moms
As a working homeschool mom myself, I know that support, inspiration and advice are invaluable! So I would love to offer you some extra ways to get this:
- I have an online community on Facebook called the Working Homeschool Moms Support Group. I would love to see you there!
- You can also find me on Instagram and TikTok. If you’re on these platforms, I would love to connect with you there!
- I have two resources that could really help with time management and mindset, which I know can be tough for us working homeschool moms. Grab my time audit and mindset magic challenge.
- I’ve designed a PDF printable homeschool mom planner to help you get organized. You can buy it once and then use it year after year.
- And if you’re looking to overcome specific blocks or need some more personalized support, please book in a coaching session with me.
Introducing the Sponsor for the Episode
Are you looking for a new Math Curriculum? I’m thrilled to introduce our favourite math curriculum to you.
CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Favorably reviewed in Cathy Duffy’s 102 Top Picks and The Old Schoolhouse Crew Review, the lessons are short and concise to help your children break down concepts and appreciate math in a whole new way!
The lessons are taught the traditional way, not to a “test”.
Each one of the video tutorials is taught by an internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, who is renowned for teaching math concepts in a simple, easy-to-understand way (and in only a few minutes at a time). Using a multi-sensory approach having the combination of effective graphics and animation synchronized with the voice of a friendly teacher together with a practical assessment. This three-pronged attack makes learning so much easier and more effective. Even students who struggled with math are getting fantastic results! And ones who were doing OK before are now doing brilliantly.
Visit www.ctcmath.com today to start your free trial. Or take advantage of this fantastic special! Visit https://www.ctcmath.com/MLH to get a half-price discount plus a bonus 6-months for free.
Until next week dear friend, take care!