Mr. D Math is well know for his extensive online math curricula and classes. But did you know he offers other awesome courses like Flamenco Dance and Guitar, American Sign Language and Youtuber Training? Cool, right?
When we were approached to try out one of his live online classes, we decided to go for Training Like an Olympic Runner. We were looking for a way to level up our fitness at home, so the course came at the perfect time!
I received a free subscription to the Mr. D Math Training Like an Olympic Runner course and am being compensated for my time. I am not required to give a positive review. As always, I am sharing my honest opinion with you. Please read my full blog disclosure.
What we’re Loving about Mr. D Math Training Like an Olympic Runner Live Online Classes
We have used loads of free apps and YouTube channels, since starting with homeschooling, but when you get coached by a real professional, you realize what a difference it makes.
We have been following Mr. D Math Training Like an Olympic Runner live online classes for more than a month now, and we think they’re great.
We are especially loving:
- The coach! Jason Bean is awesome! He speaks clearly and describes complex athletics jargon in layman’s terms. We love how positive and encouraging he is too!
- The pace. This course is over 32 weeks and I know from personal experience, how important it is to take it slowly when it comes to running. The course builds up nicely from week to week, and makes sure that you have a solid foundation before you even hit the road.
- The stretches. The stretches that Coach Bean teaches are quite tough but are really good to prepare your body for running in the right way. Stretching is often something that is neglected, so I really appreciate how thorough he is.
- The videos. The videos are really engaging. My kids learn visually, so seeing how exercises and techniques are done on the screen, helps them loads.
- It’s for the whole family! We have all enjoyed watching the videos and doing the exercises. I am a runner and I have also really felt the benefit of some professional coaching!
Things to Keep in Mind
We are really enjoying the program, but there are a few things to keep in mind.
- It is rated for grades 6 to 12. That being said, because it is self-paced, I think younger kids can also take part and go at their own speed.
- You need some gear such as a medicine ball and a GPS watch. But I think if your child is serious about running, then it is worth it to invest in the right equipment.
Our Final Thoughts on Mr. D Math Training Like an Olympic Runner Live Online Classes
Keeping fit is something that’s really important to us as a family. Added to that, with the kids being special needs, they have to move their bodies regularly. It helps so much with their mental health and keeps them healthy too.
Having a video course that explains how to workout safely and to build up slowly, has been a game changer! It’s been like having our very own coach in the living room. And with an experienced coach like Coach Bean guiding them along, our kids may very well reach the Olympics!
PS Make sure to check out Mr. D Math’s other courses. There are loads of great ones, teaching everything from Math to Goal Setting!