Working Homeschool Moms Save Time with an Online Math Program
An online math program is a lifesaver for working homeschool moms. It saves time and also stress, by doing all the math heavy lifting. And when it comes to effective online math learning, then you can’t go wrong with CTCMath!
I received a free CTCMath Homeschool Family Membership and am being compensated for my time. I am not required to give a positive review so as always, I am sharing my honest opinion with you. Please read my full blog disclosure.
Being a working homeschool mom requires a lot of juggling because you have to keep a lot of balls in the air. There’s working and homeschooling, for starters. But there’s also housekeeping, working out, having a social life, maintaining a relationship, making sure to fit in some self-care and the millions of other tasks that need seeing to.
So simplifying as much as possible is very important. That’s why I love online math learning! It takes the stress out of one of the many tasks that need my attention. And as somewhat of a mathphobe, getting someone like Patrick Murray from CTCMath to teach my kids, is better for everyone!
Why an Online Math Program is Best
I know that a lot of homeschoolers like using workbooks and manipulatives to teach their children math. There are definitely benefits to this type of learning. But I would say that an online math program is good for kids and their parents.
- It takes pressure off parents to be prepared for, to teach and to mark lessons and exercises. This is a big time-saver!
- It encourages independence as children take ownership of their learning. In the long run, this will save loads of time!
- It saves having to buy expensive curricula, workbooks and manipulatives.
- It can be taken anywhere, which means more flexibility and time.
Why I Love CTCMath as a Working Homeschool Mom
- The lessons are short and Patrick Murray explains everything very clearly. My children appreciate this aspect because they’re not able to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Lessons are on demand so kids can go at their own pace. As we homeschool year-round, this suits our flexible homeschool schedule.
- Kids build a solid math foundation as they can go over the basics as many time as they need in order to understand. This is so important to prevent any gaps in the future. I know that my kids feel confident in their math abilities because they’ve mastered the basics.
4. Independent learning is practised as kids work on their own. As a working homeschool mom, this is so important for me!
5. Parents have access to a lot of statistics to see what kids have done, and any areas they need to work on. I identified a few gaps that my kids had, so we went over these concepts again.
6. Reports are sent on a daily basis, which is perfect for keeping track of what children have covered. This is really useful when compiling homeschool grades and transcripts.
Please contact me if you have any questions about CTCMath. I know choosing a math curriculum can be tough, so I would love to help you in any way I can.